Indicative helps businesses build
better products through data. Indicative is the only Product Analytics platform for modern data infrastructure designed for teams to leverage complex analysis on customer behavior without the need for SQL, analytic languages, or data analysts.
We’re hiring a Senior Engineer to help lead a lean and mean team of engineers to guide, coach, block, and tackle the day-to-day. In this role, you'll have your thumb on the pulse of our most critical systems and have a heavy hand in building out an infrastructure upon which our business will grow and scale.
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced software development engineer who is excited to work on mission-critical software and architectures and has a proven track record of delivering outstanding products at scale. This role will be a critical member of Indicative’s leadership with a tangible influence on our product direction.
- Build and maintain Indicative's data lake/warehouse integration framework
- Fine-tune Indicative's data ingestion processes to optimize for reliability and throughput
- Implement connections with new data sources as appropriate
- Automate key components of Indicative's data ingestion to increase customer ability to manage their own data warehouse connections and data transformation rules
- Minimum three years work experience as a software engineer or data engineer, including significant experience with modern, cloud-based data warehouses, ETL/ELT systems, and data transformation environments. More experienced candidates are also welcome to apply.
- You have a strong background in Python or Java in a data engineering context.
- You have a solid CS foundation — you're able to justify the data structures, algorithms, and techniques used in your code, and you're able to analyze it concerning time/space complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to estimate timelines, prioritize tasks, set and meet deadlines, and collaborate with a broader team.
- You've demonstrated a track record of shipping quality products
- You're able to build articulate and justify trade-offs when architecting new functionality
- You're a great communicator
NICE TO HAVE
- You have experience using and operating data-warehouses such as Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Clickhouse, Presto, etc.
- You have experience writing data transformation pipelines Beam, Flink, Spark, etc.
- You have experience in data science and/or machine learning techniques
- You have strong experience utilizing cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- Our culture is all about empowering individuals to perform at their highest potential. This means autonomy and flexible work hours — we trust that you’ll get the work done in a way that meets your work-life balance needs.
- Awesome team culture: No politics, little formal hierarchy, and one that values independence.
- Friendly and intelligent co-workers who are the BEST in their respective fields.
- Be a key player in the direction of the company and product in a fast-growing company.
- Competitive compensation rates, full benefits, and 401(k).
- A computer of your choice, extra monitors, special hardware.