Indicative is on a mission to make every business data-driven by making data more accessible than ever. Indicative empowers marketers, product managers, and data analysts to perform complex behavioral analyses all on their own. We’re aiming to disrupt the Analytics Tools space and revolutionize the status quo of how customers think about analytics. This is an exciting time to join the team!
We’re hiring a Senior Engineer to help lead a lean and mean team of engineers, to guide, coach, block and tackle the day-to-day. Additionally, we’ll look to this team lead to take a significant role building out our new strategy to transform the product vision into executable sprints, right alongside the VP of Engineering and our CEO. In this role, you'll have your thumb on the pulse of our most critical systems, and have a heavy hand in building out an infrastructure upon which our business will grow and scale.
This role is based in our NYC HQ just off of Union Square. We are open to remote candidates.
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced software development engineer who is excited to work on mission-critical software and architectures and has a proven track record of delivering outstanding products at scale. This role will be a critical member of Indicative’s leadership with tangible influence on our product direction.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implement new functionality and analyses in Indicative's query engine using cutting edge technologies while working massive data sets
- Research and develop solutions to help scale our systems and eliminate performance bottlenecks emphasizing high scalability, high reliability and low latency
- Build systems to support easier integration of customer data
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- You have at least 3+ years of professional software development experience, primarily with Java or the JVM
- You have a solid CS foundation — you're able to justify the data structures, algorithms and techniques used in your code, and you're able to analyze it with regard to time/space complexity
- You've demonstrated a track record of shipping quality products
- You're able to build articulate and justify trade-offs when architecting new functionality
- You're a great communicator
- Nice to have:
- You have experience with distributed data stores like Cassandra, HBase, Kafka
- You have experience in data science and/or machine learning techniques
- You have strong experience utilizing cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- You've built or maintained ETL pipelines using Airflow
- Our culture is all about empowering individuals to perform at their highest potential. This means autonomy and flexible work hours — we trust that you’ll get the work done in a way that meets your work-life balance needs.
- Awesome team culture: No politics, little formal hierarchy, and one that values independence.
- Friendly and intelligent co-workers who are the BEST in their respective fields.
- Be a key player in the direction of the company and product.
- A successful management team that has experience in building and selling profitable businesses.
- Competitive compensation rates, full benefits and 401(k).
- Computer of your choice, extra monitors, special hardware, you name it!
- Weekly team lunch, Monday Bagels, Monthly team outings, and a fully stocked snack bar